Recommended learning resources
This is a curated list of learning resources for Toki Pona, based on recommendations from the kama sona learning server on Discord. There are multiple ways to learn a language, such as grammar lessons, exercises, flashcards, media consumption, and speaking practice. If one method is not helping you, try the others.
Joining a community will help you practice using the language and let proficient speakers catch your mistakes.
Introductory overview Edit
Start by watching the video "Toki Pona in 18 Minutes" by ilo Tani.
Official books Edit
The official books are by Sonja Lang, the creator of Toki Pona.
Online courses Edit
- lipu sona pona by /dev/urandom
- lipu sona by soweli Tesa
- o pilin e toki pona video lessons, full immersion method
- toki pona lessons by jan Misali
- jan Misali has an older series, 12 days of sona pi toki pona . This is not recommended; see 12 Days of sona pi toki pona § Corrections and commentary for notes on some errors in this video series.
- Learn Toki Pona! (WIP) by jan Kekan San
- Linku, a searchable dictionary by kala Asi.
- Recommended to select only "core words" and "widespread words".
- Available in multiple languages.
- nimi.pona.la, dictionary based on Sonja Lang's community polling, by jan Sasi
- Toki Pona Memrise deck by jan Antele
- Goes with /dev/urandom's lessons. Has community-made/unofficial words in common use.
- Anki deck sorted by word frequency